The countdown begins for the start of the Campaign of the Rent 2022/23 and the Tax Agency has already announced the key dates to present the declaration. Many residents in Spain are required to declare their income, and Personal Income Tax (IRPF).
A part of their salary is withheld from each worker, the percentage of which depends and the declaration adjusts it applied to the yields that have finally been obtained. April 11 will be the date from which taxpayers will be able to start filing their returns online, according to the calendar of the Tax Agency.
This 2023 Income Campaign, which corresponds to the income obtained in 2022, will be developed from June 1 to 30 in person, but from April 11 you can present the first declarations of the rent for Internetwhich nine out of ten taxpayers in Spain carry out.
This year, the 2022/23 Income Campaign will have some novelties such as the reduction from 2,000 to 1,500 euros in the amount that the taxpayer can deduct from private pension plans or the increase by 500 euros, up to 8,500, the reduction that It is applied if the taxpayer has a company pension plan, among others.
What are the key dates of the 2022/23 Income?
To make a brief summary and everything is perfectly clear, we leave you all dates related to the 2022/23 Rental period. Remind you that to be assisted by the Treasury, both by phone and in person, you must make an appointment online or by phone (91 535 73 26 / 901 12 12 24 or 91 553 00 71 / 901 22 33 44):
- From April 11 to June 30, 2023: Income tax returns can be filed online
- From May 5 to June 30, 2023: the declaration can be made by phone (the period remains open from May 3 to June 29)
- From June 1 to 30, 2023: you can submit your Income Tax return in person (appointment must be requested in advance and the period remains open from May 25 to June 29)
- June 27, 2023: deadline for those who have the result to enter and want to direct debit into their account
- June 30, 2023: end of the 2022/23 Income Campaign
Note that, in the event that you must file the Income Tax return and do so after the deadline, you may find yourself in serious trouble that includes a fine that will depend on how long it has been. Last year it was from exactly 1% plus an additional percentage point for each month of delay.
Finally, mention that, in relation to last year, the declaration lasted until June 30, 2022, and Tax authorities He had time to pay you until December 30, 2022, so, taking into account the dates of the 2022/23 Rent, this year it will happen in the same way.